Dec 19, 2016

Bumpdate: 9 Weeks


Still looks like I just ate a piece of pie and drank some coffee....which is a true fact.


How Far Along: 9 weeks, 3 days

Baby: Baby is the size of a cherry. He was an inch long at my last ultrasound (8w5d) and his strong heart was beating away at 187 bpm. You could see his little paddle-shaped arms and legs!

Cravings: Still waking up hungry. To be honest, I'm hungry constantly, but get full rather easily. Everyone that is around comments I am always eating, but I swear it's not a ton of food!!

Not craving anything specific, but I can't tell you how many times I see food commercials and wish I had whatever they were advertising.

Symptoms: I feel like my energy is back on track for the most part in the mornings. At the very least, I am waking up right at, or just before, my alarm, so I think that says something. Otherwise, I have had very minimal symptoms.

Mood: I have been kind of down with all the recent mis-haps in my life, still. Each day brings a new challenge, that isn't fun in the slightest and I feel guilty for wishing away the rest of this year.

Sleep: When I'm not up at night, nervous as all get out, about something going wrong (outside of the baby), I'm actually sleeping like a champ.

Weight Gain: My goal was to drag my ass to the gym this morning but I decided to get sick instead. Hopefully Tynenol should do the trick on this sinus infection <--- that was sarcasm.
Being pregnant and being sick in tandem is super fun.
Can't wait to see how being sick with a baby works out. Should be equally amusing.

Fitness: When I can breathe out of both nostrils at the same time and stop mouth breathing, I'll head into the gym. I'm glad I was able to get sick at the same time it was -12 outside this morning. #blessed.  I was super sore from starting to work out last week, but will attempt to workout 4x a week moving forward.

This Week: I had my last fertility clinic ultrasound and blood draw on Wednesday. They call the last day Graduation Day. I was sent home with a copy of all my paperwork and will be back one last time to meet with Dr. Jacobs and say Thank You. It's weird and maybe harsh, but I was so ready to be done with that place that I literally ran to my car, gripping the photo of my baby and his little paddle arms and laughing.

I just want to be a normal, pregnant lady, and I'm finally getting to do that.

The nurse also sent me my medication weaning schedule (yes, I'm still taking injections and pills and all that). I finished my last Endometrin suppository and Estradiol tablet on Saturday, and will be DONE with all IVF shots on Christmas Eve! Let the countdown begin!
And let me tell you, we are CELEBRATING that day! NO MORE SHOTS!!

Over the weekend, we hosted our Annual Christmas Party for my side of the family. With Crash passing the weekend prior, I considered cancelling, but changed my mind knowing that being alone isn't going to help anything. This party is the only time I get to see some of these people so I made sure to keep it going. And it was a blast and I don't regret it at all!

I'm still trying very hard to keep the Christmas spirit alive. Some days I feel like I'm just going through the motions, but seeing the ultrasound of our baby and seeing his arms and legs instead of just a little peanut blob started to make me realize this is all really real.
Does that make sense?

It's really starting to sink in and I am getting excited for the future, as long as I can continue to work towards being at peace with this past year. Plus, receiving a few cute baby gifts doesn't hurt either. :)

That's a wrap for week 9!
Thanks for reading!! XO

4 comments:

  1. So fun reading this! I'm glad things are going well pregnancy-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to be reading your bumpdates! Sorry for everything that you guys have gone through lately - here's to a better 2017 and looking forward to baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH FOR GRADUATION DAY! That is huge Tia!!! Now try and take a big sigh of relief and enjoy the holiday for you and your little one inside :) :) Love reading these updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I was still so nervous at 9 weeks. I didn't graduate until 13 weeks and by then I was ready to be a normal pregnant lady, but barely. I think we both know you're tougher than me, though.

    ReplyDelete