Nov 2, 2016

Halloween Recap

I know, I know, Halloween has come and gone and I didn't talk about it ONCE.
What's up with that?

Well, here's my recap.


Halloween is hands down my favorite Holiday.

It's when Mark and I met, which puts the icing on the cake.

I love to go to haunted houses and look around at all the detail and gore and spooky that goes into freaking people out.

I love dressing up in costume...although Mark would prefer I wear stuff that's more sexy, I would rather look much scary...think Walking Dead-style.

We have a few haunted traditions each year.

I'll be honest, I was happy that I wasn't pregnant for Halloween, and I likely never will be.
Costumes and drinking are pretty much my favorite things of all time.
#noshameinmygame

Each year, we always visit at least one haunted house.
This year we went with friends to the House of Torment, but not before downing some beers at a local dive bar.

Then there's the pizza joint down the road from our house. It has a really old basement that they completely over-decorate for the holidays...and Halloween is no exception.

Pretend you grandma, who is hard of seeing, and has a certain knack for piling on the decorations, owned a bar and did it up to her liking....that is exactly what this place looks like.

While we never visit over the summer, you can guarantee we will be seated among the decorations at least a few times over the winter....it's not like there is much else to do!

Right now, I have no reason to bust out of work early to take my own brood door-to-door on this festive day, but it doesn't stop us from decorating our golf cart and taking it for a spin.


We don't get any trick-or-treaters to our home so we bring the candy to them!!

And let's not forget the movies.
Each weekend, I tried to fit in at least one.

Hocus Pocus, The Great Pumpkin, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ghostbusters (the original), Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, etc.

Call me a dork but I really like the cartoon ones (and Tim Burton, apparently!)

After our jaunt in the golf cart, we settled in for some spicy chicken soup and Poltergeist.

Finally, I didn't go overboard with the decorations this year, but did manage to fill the home with some spooky features!!


I'll be packing everything up this weekend, but Halloween is the best part of Fall, hands down.

Until next year, spooks! XO

3 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard at you guys bringing the candy to the kids in that golf cart. Amazing. Love that you've kept up with loving Halloween so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE haunted houses! Visiting a random overly decorated bar before hand...even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to flag down my neighbor and his three friends to give candy away this year, and those were my only trick or treaters - so sad! When I lived in Oak Park I'd get like 400 kids!

    ReplyDelete