May 12, 2014

1st Hubby Jack Client + Dog Update


Image Map

Popping in real quick to get you guys a little update to my weekend.

First, I had the lovely Lindsay e-mail me late last week asking for me to pick up where Hubby Jack left off in her blog design. She blogs over at Bourbon, Lipstick, and Stilettos and is very much a girly girl with a bit of an edge. This Kentuckian talks about her obsession with make-up and other fab lady products so I wanted to make sure her design had that tough girl feel about it.

Here is the finished product:




Make sure to stop by and say Hi! Tell her Tia sent you!

Second, and my least favorite part about the weekend. If you follow me on IG, then you know I briefly mentioned my eldest bulldog getting into an accident over the weekend.
What a nightmare. I swear, I have had this EXACT premonition with these EXACT details ever since we moved to the new house.



So, Saturday morning was jam packed. I have a million errands to run after wrapping up Lindsay's blog design and dashing to make a date I had planned with a good friend.
I finally decided, after months and months and months, of not spending money on myself, I would do something for me. Be a little selfish.
I had planned to have lunch and get pedi/mani's that afternoon, then head home to get our pool open and cleaned up.
As we are wrapping up lunch, Mark calls me.

"Tia, I need to tell you something. Don't worry, everything is alright, but Crash got hit by a car."

My eyes get wide and I am trying to process this information. Time stopped and I'm looking around and can't hear anything. He said Crash was alright, but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!
Mark goes on to explain, rather quickly, before I lost my ever loving shit, that both dogs were lying on the driveway while he painted our iron fence.

To back track, our entire property is fenced in. There is even a gate over the driveway to enclose all of it.
The part of the gate over the driveway does have a small gap at the bottom as the driveway slopes up and it needs to clear the incline.

So Crash sees a kid walking his Corgi puppy and starts to freak out. Which is usual.
Crash has serious territory issues with our yard and no dog stands a chance not to be barked at.
He gets pissed.

In those split seconds, Crash realized he could "probably" fit under the gate and went for it. He flattened out and crab crawled underneath, barely fitting, and took off after that poor innocent puppy and that kid.

Knowing from experience, it would not have ended well. Crash is an asshole with other dogs and we know that, which is why buying a property that was completely gated in was needed.

Mark sees Crash making a run for it, sees the other dog, and (literally) leaps into action.
One foot on the gate mechanics and he has cleared the 5 foot gate in one bound and is chasing after Crash, screaming at him.
A split second later, just as Crash is crossing the street to lunge at the puppy, a van comes out of nowhere and runs over Crash. He slams on his brakes and stops instantly.

Mark is telling me all of this and I am tearing up and hyperventilating.

The guy goes to put his van in reverse and Mark is screaming at him to STOP! WAIT!
He calls for Crash.
Pleading for him to get up.

Crash rolled over from under the car, looked at Mark, and stumbled back to him.
He survived.
The kid and the other dog had no idea my dog was about to attack it. And honestly, we are lucky it didn't happen. Who knows what would have happened if either one of them were hurt. That would probably be the end.

Mark scoops up Crash and carries him back to the house. He changes quickly and they are on the way to the vet that is literally 1 minute down the road. He says he is completely black from tar and grease.
Bleeding from the face and thigh.  He has his muzzle on so the vet doesn't get bit.
They do an x-ray to find....nothing. No broken bones, no internal bleeding, no ruptures.
He could not have been more lucky. We did not have to bury our dog this weekend.

I felt so guilty for getting my pedicure. Terrible, in fact. Mark insisted I stay, that Crash was okay and just needed to rest. When I got home, he hobbled over to me and just laid down. Shaking. He wouldn't eat much so we couldn't give him his anti-inflammatory pill.

He was doing much better yesterday. I gave him a bath with Dawn soap, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide to get the remnants of grease off of his white hair, and applied ointment to his wounds. He ate breakfast and started his medications.

From those pictures and how he was acting when my parents came over, you would have never known he was hurt. He is such a trooper. I swear, he has had such a traumatic life. I mean, the reason he is named Crash is because we were in a major car accident on the day we brought him home.

If you have a pet, give them an extra big hug when you get home, for me.

post signature

17 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! I would've been freaking out too! I'm so glad to hear he is okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am so sorry about your bully! I totally understand with 2 bulldogs of my own. Right now one of ours has an ulcer in here eye! Weekly trips to the vet all month to make sure she doesnt need an eye graph! Here are my babies :) http://travelmiamor.blogspot.com/search/label/Bulldogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is terrible. Coco looks just like my other bully, Burn. They are SUCH a handful, as I'm sure you know :)
      I love your blog, by the way! So glad you found me!
      ps- you are a "no reply blogger"...there is a setting to change in your Blogger account so that I can respond to your comment via email!! There is a tutorial on Erin's site, homemadehappenings-erin.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. thanks for letting me know. Is it fixed now? haha I don't know how to tell.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear he is okay! I felt like I was living through your phone call :/ Now you'll never look at that mani/pedi place the same again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was terrible. And my manicure is already chipping. That is exactly why I never get my nails polished. Ugh.
      ps- you are a "no reply blogger"...there is a setting to change in your Blogger account so that I can respond to your comment via email!! There is a tutorial on Erin's site, homemadehappenings-erin.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. I can't imagine how scary that must have been Tia :( Poor puppy and poor YOU! I am so glad he is safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy freaking crap you are redesigning my blog for me. I FREAKING LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! SO glad your do is alright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, you poor thing! I totally missed this on IG!!! So so glad he is ok! You deserve to treat yourself, don't feel bad about that!

    The blog design looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor guy! Glad he is okay and you seem to be okay too! I also meant to comment on your post the other day about not having a niche... girl I don't either! I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that poor baby!!! That is amazing nothing was broken or internal injuries....Love on the baby extra, extra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankgoodness he's alright! My boxers are the exact same way and that has been my fear too! The worst that has happened to Tigger is that animal patrol maced him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your dog but so happy it wasn't serious!! Glad he's doing ok :) Love goes a long way when it comes to the speed of recovery. We had dogs that the more love we gave them at the hospital the faster they recovered. :) Happy Hump Day Tia and glad all is well!!! -Iva

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tia! I'm so sorry to hear of Crash's... crash... but I am SO SO SO SO happy he is ok! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete