Aug 10, 2015

Weekend whirlwind

Happy Monday loves.
The sun is shining. The weather is set to be in the 80's and we get another day of summer.
Even though I'm stuck in the office for 90% of it, I plan to sneak out a few times for a quick lap around the building.

So let's talk about the weekend.
They are just crazy, right?
But like....in the best way.

Summer weekends are FAR different from fall and winter weekends.
Our days are filled to the brim with activities and events that keep us outdoors as much as possible.

This weekend, we were lucky to enough to accomplish a lot and still have tons of fun in the process.
First, we finally sold our pontoon.


We said goodbye to our old Gravy Boat knowing it would go to another boat-life family.
Mark built it from the ground up. It was a labor of love and I couldn't be more proud. But it's time.
This is what it looked like when we first bought it. And also, my fat baby Burn when he was 9 weeks old!


We are using the money made from it to go towards a family-friendly car, so I was happy to let it pass.
We had some great times putting along the river, but the future will be filled with babies and more boats, I promise.

Second? I was able to sell off my extra Kid Rock tickets.
Man, let me tell you. When we bought this first pair of tickets, I made the mistake of revisiting the concert venue only to realize there were BETTER seats (aisle!) listed right after I paid for our own.
So I entered the world of trying to sell tickets online. Stub Hub was first, but their ticket fees were so high I had to jack up the price nearly DOUBLE just to break even!
I ended up listing my tickets on Craigslist and within five days they were paid for and out of my hands.
And I didn't get killed in the process! :) Win win all around.

Third, even though the ENTIRE weekend was cloudy, we cranked up the pool heater and kept the party atmosphere going. Friends showing up for a good time was on repeat, (and friends that bring DINNER are my favorite!) and Sunday I dealt with quite a hangover to prove my point.
Although, to be honest, I think it was because I took two Zyrtec pills vs. the standard one. Those things knock me out so I always take them at bedtime. I woke up in the middle of the night WIDE AWAKE so could only assume I forgot to take it. Oops.
I was a zombie until noon.
No Bueno.
I am sure the guy that came to pay for his Kid Rock tickets wouldn't have wanted to mess with me anyways, as I sat on my porch in tattered shorts and a mug of coffee, smiling at him with frazzled hair and bags under my eyes. Sexy.

But dudes, I keep forgetting how unorganized summer weekends are!
The LAST thing I want to do on a beautiful weekend is grocery shop or meal prep.
If I do make it to a grocery store on the weekends, it's usually for booze and snacks. My brain just can't function with prep and boring dinners and all that jazz. I am literally only thinking about rushing home to skim the pool and water the flowers.


I have realized my meal prep is falling to Monday mornings, which is fine, but nuts.
It's not realistic but I refuse to eat fast food or whatever is convenient.
That gets expensive and is how you get fat. We have been stopping by grocery stores here and there throughout the week days instead of one bulk trip on the weekends. Again, not my favorite, but I will do anything to salvage these last few summer weekends.

The three key "pamper" items I like to knock out each weekend are plucking my eyebrows, shaving my knees (don't ask, I'm usually rushed on weekdays and the thought of nicking my knee with the razor makes me squeamish) and buffing/changing my toe nail polish.
As simple as those three things are, half of the time I forget to paint my toenails before Monday rolls around. And we all know that doing it right before bed leaves sheets imprints in your polish.

I am like a hot mess summer express, flying by the seat of my pants.
I am starting to crave a little more structure just to make sure I don't forget things all the time!!

Is this how your weekends go?! Or is it just a Party of One over here?
Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. your weather sounds great! Its been well over 100 here for the past two weeks! Love the bulldog pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hot summer mess express - Tia, that's genius! Love it and feel the same way.

    And thanks for the shout out :) So happy we could be apart of your pool, golf cart, and brown slide. LOL!

    ReplyDelete