Aug 28, 2015

Staying Fit: End of Summer check-in

I forgot to post progress photos for July...because I was having so much god damn fun that who cares, right?
Anywho....here is a quick little update for ya.
I managed to take the grainiest photos imaginable...you're welcome.


Abs baby! There you are my sweet tiny wittle baby abs! It took all summer to get there, and we shall blame the booze, but I finally got my fat % down enough to make them pop a bit!


Meh....it's all the same. That photo is just terrible but I do have the slightest obliques taking form. Booty is lifted, love handles are disappearing. The blue bikini is the same in the May and August photo, if it helps. 
My lighting choices clearly need work.



The August back photo doesn't do it justice. This is one of the strongest places on my body, next to my legs, and that damn grainy photo sucks. Anyways, my butt is higher, more rounded. Those love handles smoothed out nicely, all in all, I'm happy with the progress thus far.


 And of course a blurry flex break for ya.
So there you have it. I managed to get through the entire summer, drinking at the rate of a whale, and not ending up looking like one. #science
I think the biggest key with keeping me on track was to just do it. Get up four days a week and just workout, even if I am sore or tired.
Make my meals every Sunday (or early Monday morning) to make sure I don't get bored and start grazing on garbage.
I stop eating when I'm full.
I hardly eat sweets.
And I drank beer. Lots of it.

And I don't regret anything.

I did finally weigh myself for the first time in five years.
134.4
I should make a note that I weighed that much ten years ago when Mark and I first met, but, my physique was a lot doughier then. Back during my .....don't eat anything, and then when I feel like I'm going to faint, eat a cube of cheese phase/cardio queen combo...days.

This is your PSA that you will not bulk up by lifting weights. I lift them and I lift heavy.
I can squat a PR of 340 lbs x 8 reps and not blink an eye.
I lift and push and squat and with the heaviest weights I can manage on my own, and I do it to failure.
I pick a couple muscles groups and focus solely on those for the duration of the workout.
I do HIIT sprints for 10-12 minutes four days a week, at the beginning of each of my workouts.
I allow for full recovery on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

No excuses. Just get in there and get it over with. And find some good tunes. That keeps me motivated more than anything!

How did you stack up with your fitness over the summer! Slack off or knock it out of the park!
Happy Friday fools!

3 comments:

  1. get it girl! I am trying so hard to lose the last 10lbs of my pregnancy weight! I started T25 finally because I know I can get a 25min work out in when baby is sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how incredible it is that you haven't weighted yourself in five years? And that you work out in the AM? Looking good and it's great to find that balance between eating what you want AND staying fit. I have also been working out 4x per week but I CANNOT do it in the morning. I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I'm amazed but what you can do in the gym! I would be curious to see what I can lift, you know, since I tote around my man child all day ;)

    happy weekend Tia!!!!!

    ReplyDelete