Jul 6, 2015

4th of July


Ah yes. The 4th of July. 
We held a pool party. A first for us as we typically go to a neighboring town to watch fireworks. But to avoid any unnecessary chaos, we hosted.



The only decorations were giant flags.....I think they make quite the impact!
And a cute backdrop for photos...







Mark wants YOU to get drunk....and sexy.




We may have been drinking. It got weird.  :)


The pool was prepped and festive and bright. The weather was perfect!! 80's and sunny with very little wind.



Multi-tasking!! This mama knows how to party!







 We grilled large fillets of salmon, with a side of beans and other festive goodies...


Thank you Pinterest for such a cute idea!




 I made 50 'Merica jelloshots. Super cute, but let me tell you ...they take a LONG time to make. Patience, my friend, patience.


 The party dwindled down after dark, with a few close friends and family relaxing and laughing.


 The party went on all day and after dark, Mark and I sat and drank and chatted and watched fireworks from our back yard.


With sparklers, of course.


 The next morning was slow moving. I had to errand shop and we cleaned up. Regardless of what time we crash, my internal alarm clock will go off at 7am. I showered and we got to work.
Nothing like a margarita at 10am to cure a small hangover.



We chilled in the pool all morning, then headed out on the golf cart and watched the boaters cruise down the river.


Another successful weekend in the books!! Hope you had a kick ass one as well!
Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Ok the giant flags are pure American awesomeness!!! I love the drunken photos, and I love that you posted them. Uhhh the jello shots??? I need to know how to make those. I'm coming over for the next pool party, just so ya know. I drink a lot too so be prepared:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your pool! How awesome to be able to throw a pool party! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the perfect all American 4th of July! Kudos to you guys!!! Those flag kabobs are SO SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those giant flags look AWESOME!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend! Love it :D

    ReplyDelete