Nov 18, 2015

Chugging right along


Hello loves.
Hope you are all having a fabulous week.
Weather-wise, we are in a weird period where it's clearly not fall anymore, but not quite winter, but still warm?
It's odd. Although I will take this over last November any day. Chicagoans, do you remember how it was in the single digits already? Yea, that happened.

Radio stations are already playing Christmas music, and so are retail stores. To each their own, but I can't quite flip the switch on that music until I am putting up my Christmas tree, which is ALWAYS the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Actually, looking ahead at the forecast, it looks like we will have minimal snow. Now, don't get me wrong.
I HATE snow. But there is something to be said about having a White Christmas.
A fire lit. Hot Cocoa. A blanket. PJ's. The whole nine.

I wanted to quickly thank all that participated in my first Instagram giveaway. It was a great turn out and it was really to say thank you for participating in this little corner of the internet.

I will doing another Stocking Stuffer giveaway in early December, so make sure you tune in!

As far as our IVF journey goes, I am patiently waiting for the RE to call me back with our doctors schedule for January. Our new insurance kicks in for 2016...so it's just a waiting game at this point as to when we can get started! I'm pumped and nervous all at the same time.

We are headed to my aunt's this weekend for one of two Thanksgiving feasts. The weather is supposed to be dreadful but our massive truck will get us there in one piece! I am making these Cranberry Vanilla Bars from A Beautiful Mess! They look delicious and super easy to put together and transport. All key things.
Oh and wine.
Always wine.

We lit our fire for the first time this weekend and it was glorious.
Perhaps still too warm to do so, but tis the season, right?

I got over my sickness finally. That was ROUGH. And antibiotic suck but you do what you gotta do.
I am hopeful that'll be the last ebola of the season. Wishful thinking!

Oh, and I totally blew it on No Buy November. I have purchased some stuff for the giveaways and then treated myself to a couple small items. #YOLO

How has everyone been?
We have basically been on auto-pilot.
Cooking comfort food and wrestling with our maniac dogs.

Happy Hump Day loves!
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I saw a christmas commercial the day after Halloween! They don't waste any time on that. It's finally getting really chilly here. Might have to pull out the down comforter next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Excited for you to start IVF! You're right about the weather, it's been goofy! Rain, wind, warm, cold, typical Illinois!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No buy what? What's that? I fail miserably at that every month lately. The fire was so nice last weekend huh? I am ready for my Georgia winter and getting my tree up soon!

    ReplyDelete