Jun 15, 2015

Staying Fit: When you're feeling down, take a photo

Over the weekend I was feeling a bit fluffy. Nothing major, but I was starting to get frustrated with my progress. Part of me knows that any progress I do have is slowed by my love for alcohol mixed with warm summer days, but for the most part, I do really good with eating cleaning and managing my weight.
Also I was starving. All day every day. And I felt like all I was doing was eating.

One major thing I learned? Food prep is key. Although I had enough odds and ends lying around, we didn't have any good rice or quinoa, so I had to resort to white rice.
Um....no. That ish is garbage and is likely the culprit I was so hungry all the time.
I truly believe carbs AREN'T the devil...but those suckers ARE. I wanted a milkshake and twice as much lunch every. single. afternoon. (I didn't have the milkshake, luckily)

I was also getting frustrated that although I am lifting heavier and more often, the definition I desire just isn't there yet. I honestly don't know if I will EVER have that type of definition, because I won't supplement.
Sure, I use a scoop of protein powder here and there, but I strive to make my main source of protein through natural, real, food.
I feel like I'm getting bigger, physically, but not getting any closer to those carved muscles.  How much body fat do I have to lose to do that?

Anyways, as I ranted over social media, and then promptly deleted it, I realized maybe I AM making strives, but maybe they are small.  Much smaller than someone would notice without doing what we bloggers do best....document the shit out of something.

So here are my progress photos in one month.
Are they drastically different? Hell no. But it's going in the right direction.


In the back photos, I notice a change in two things: smaller love handles and stronger back muscles.


In the front photos, I notice more defined arms. Abs are kind of the same, but my hips seems smaller.


And in the side? Booty. More lifted and curvy.  And there maybe a tiny oblique pushing out in the June photo. Slightly smaller love handles and what not.

So there you have it. This is real life with real struggles and real (tiny) gains.

Last week I only did four days of HIIT sprints on the treadmill and decided to change it up this week.
No more treadmill for a while. Instead, I am doing plyometric cardio for 60 seconds between weight sets.
And adding in jabs, uppercuts, and hooks with 3lb weights. It helps tighten up arms, back and abs.
The change with weight lifting will be focusing on either upper body or lower body, not a combo anymore.
I want to keep this up for another month and see where I'm at.

Thanks for reading!!


5 comments:

  1. Your booty does look lifted and curvy :) Good work! It's hard to stay motivated when you feel like no change is happening. I noticed the biggest difference in your back and butt...possibly because I'm a creep (kidding). Seriously, good job.

    I'm 7 months pregnant and will not be donning a bikini anytime soon but I am looking forward to getting back into shape after the baby is here. I haven't worked out regularly in about a year and I miss it (I got lazy before I got pregnant and I am now using pregnancy as an excuse to be lazy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely fantastic in both photos - seriously, I'm impressed. I go through those moments as well, feeling 'fluffy' but they typically coordinate up with my cycle pretty darn well. A week later I'm back to feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh... you look fabulous and you got some booty going on there girl!!! I am eating clean most days but drinking my calories on the weekends... at least not gaining!!! I know it's bad but it's summer and I am finally having a good one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even those tiny differences make BIG differences especially when it comes to how your clothes look and feel!

    ReplyDelete