Jul 22, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday Burn!

Today you are three.



And my God, has it been a crazy three years.


I drove 8 hours, one way, to pick up your sleepy ass. We wanted you home for our annual Labor Day Party.

 You have always been right under my feet at all times.
You have been mischevious, and stubborn, yet kind and loving.
I love the little print on your side that looks like a hand.
I'm so glad your alopecia didn't take that away.



You have always been fun loving and adorable.


 We had no idea what we were in store for.
This photo could not be more fitting.

 Always in your older brother's business. 
You two fought terribly. And still do sometimes.
But we love both of you too much to give you away.
We work it out, we always do.

You have been the best boat dog with the more slobbery kisses and floppy ears.



And no matter what you get into, I will still hug you and squeeze you and pet you.
I love you so much.


 Here's to many more birthdays and shenanigans.

9 comments:

  1. sounds just like my two! One of ours has alopecia too, we cant get the hair to grow back 100% :( any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seasonal flank alopecia has no "cure" besides time and sunlight. From the research I did, they will lose their fur, symmetrically, in late fall, and if it does come back, it'll be mid to late summer. Burn's has never fully grown back....it's very patchy. Some bulldogs have full regrowth, some never do, and some have patches. Some bulldogs, it happens every year, some it happens once and never again. It's really just a game of chance.
      We were told to give him Melotonin in the winter, but it honestly didn't help one bit.

      Delete
    2. We did the melatonin too and worked for a while but then stopped...now we are putting coconut oil on it and its helping some. I hope with time it will come back. She looks so funny with this big pink spot on her side haha.

      Delete
  2. OMG! We are getting one of these next! They are such sexy beasts :) LOL, I say next, but the boxers will live forever, I swear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Burn!! He's so freakin' adorable I can't take it - I love the floppy skin, you can have so much fun with that :P Hopefully he doesn't get into too much trouble today but we can only hope, his face looks like he's always up to something. :) Happy Hump Day Tia! -Iva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Burn!!!! Ah those pics of him as a puppy - I die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that face!!!!! Happy Birthday, Burn! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love him! LOL hes so cute! Happy birthday dude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!! Happy Birthday Burns the Bulldog.

    ReplyDelete