Oct 2, 2013

Time...why you punish me?

And now I have Hootie and the Blowfish in my head.



After reading through some of my favorite blog posts today, I noticed a trend.
Reminiscing about where we were one year ago today.
I thought this was rather fitting, and, lucky for me, I have been blogging for over a year and can look back to what I said.
The beginning of October 2012 had my panties in quite a bunch, it seemed.

We were on our last leg of interior home renovations at the old house and had seemingly lost my Halloween holiday spirit.
A year ago, I was attempting to convince Bayou that we should start trying for a baby.
I was ready, but was he?
That answer was no, btw.

Fast forward to today.
Today, we have no more renovations. Only the need and desire to make our new home as functional and organized as possible.
Renovations can wait.
Today, it is smooth sailing with our attempts at baby making. Although, "scientifically" speaking, his X and my Y's have missed each other a bit it seems.
I keep walking my uterus to the expansive extra bedroom to remind her we have space now.
We have close proximity and safety. Maybe she will listen finally.
It seems to me all our of our ducks are in a row, right?
A healthy 30 year old lady who eats right and exercises regularly and takes all of her vitamins and is responsible shouldn't have fertility issues right?
And yes, Bayou smokes and drinks, but so did his father, and my father, and a lot of father's out there, so throwing caution to the wind, I am sure he is just fine as well.

At this point I am banking less on fertility issues and more on timing issues. 
Maybe Bayou and I aren't timing it right, ahem, in the boudoir.
Or maybe it's not our time.
Or maybe it just needed to happen in the new home.

Well, whatever it is, I can't figure it out. I just hope we are doing it right and eventually good ole' Ute will figure her shit out and realize how good she has it.




So....we are chugging along.
Grooving.
I don't have much to complain about these days.



Just waiting.
Sometimes, I sit down in the evening, with literally nothing to do.
It's so odd. I feel like I should be doing something, but at this point there just isn't anything.
Good problem to have, I suppose.
Much better than being overwhelmed!

And on that random rambling, I will end this post.

TBag. Out.