Sep 28, 2015

Pretending it's still summer


I have been putting off Fall as long as I possibly can.
Today is a high of 80, and even though it's overcast and supposed to rain, I'll take it,  because the ass-end of summer officially falls off tomorrow when temps drop to and stay in the 60's. Boo-urns.

This weekend we chose to ignore the fact that we blew right past the last "official" day of summer and stayed outside as much as possible.

Starting with coffee.
The balcony right off our bedroom is completely underutilized and I hope to change that in the future.
So we schlepped our porch chairs upstairs and sat and gazed through the oak trees to the street below, sipping coffee and listening to the birds chirp.



I spent most of the morning scrubbing mold off our aluminum window awnings, and tossing all the fallen, molding pears from our pear tree into the woods behind our house.
All completed in my pj's, I might add. I'm sure it was a sight to see.

That afternoon, we turned a blind eye to the fact that the inside of the house is a complete disaster, and instead, hopped in the pool one final time to float around with a beer and stare at the green leaves (even though their tips are golden...again, sad face).



I folded the laundry and meal-prepped before heading out for joy ride to a local bar.

All day Sunday we were back on Lake Michigan, fighting the waves on the new boat.
It was chilly and the waves were choppy, but a good time overall.
We watched a movie Sunday night and tried to catch a glimpse of the eclipse, but it was too cloudy to see anything.

Mark keeps hinting that he wants at least one more boat outing, but I think I'm finally giving in.
All the living room update items have been purchased and are waiting in the wings for that fresh coat of paint.
And the sooner I get finished with the living room, the sooner I can start decorating for Halloween!

While I'm not thrilled about it, I am ready for a change of pace. I feel like my feet are dragging, trying to stay excited about the end of summer but in limbo with fall everything.
I can't believe it's nearly October. We blinked and September is gone.

Oh well, bring on the football and chili and cider beer!
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the cooler temps - my husband used to get so pissed at me because I would be excited about the leaves changing and he'd tell me "everything is just going to die."

    Glad you got the boat trip and pool time in. Thank you for the sweet note you sent me - you didn't have to do that, but I appreciate it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way ready for some cooler weather here. We are on like day 5 of rain... ugh. I just want to curl up in my bed and watch Netflix! Bring it fall!

    ReplyDelete