May 6, 2015

Wednesday wrap-up

Thank you so much for all your well wishes about my job! I hope it is as amazing as I picture it to be!
Now that I don't have to scour the internet for that fabulous career, I can turn all of my attention back to our home and our lives.

I have kept busy, that is for sure. If I'm not cleaning or updating something, I am simply sitting.
Sitting and sipping coffee on my porch in the morning, and listening to the birds chirp.


Sitting in the grass and watching the dogs explore all the new foliage that has popped up.


Sitting and smelling the chlorine that is making our pool beautiful again.
There are three smells in our home that define summer, and they are chlorine, sunscreen, and the salty sweet smell of a spicy margarita.  It truly is a stay-cation for us.


We play croquet, soak up the warmth and sun as much as possible, then finally retreat in for a shower.


I love sitting with Mark in the hottub and chatting about all of our dreams for this home. What we want to do, when we want to do it. It's never about doubt or money constraints or anything bad. It's just about dreaming. How we can upgrade things. How we want to make it more US. What project to take on next. I love every minute of it. We sit for hours, wrinkling up in that hottub, enjoying some drinks, as the dogs lay below us, and just be in the moment.


Photos sure are pretty to post, but sometimes I get too wrapped up in trying to get that great shot that I forget to just sit. Sitting without an agenda will soon be over, so I should try to take advantage of it as much as possible.
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Your home looks beautiful. I cannot wait to see more of what you two plan on doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Tia!!!! Your front porch looks great.
    Life is 80 summers, right? Love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you can imagine all the possibilities, the unlimited potential of what could be. Those are the best kind of talks.

    ReplyDelete