Mar 31, 2017

Home Inspiration: A Blushing Living Room

Hello everyone and welcome to my first home design feature. I have been nervous, yet antsy to start putting my ideas on paper....er....the internet. I know this can only be a good thing, and I sure do hope you find my work inspiring as well.

I found this color palette and would love to see a space created around it:


I started pulling pieces from some of my go-to favorites, ending up with a mix of higher-end and affordably chic options.

Sofa: Splurge or Save // Artwork // Ceiling Light // Pillows 1, 2, & 3 // Coffee Table // Tray // Pineapple //
Coffee Table Books 1, 2 & 3 // Side Chair // Side Table // Table Lamp // Faux Palm // Rug

When I am designing a space, I am always trying to pair my efforts with some sort of discount (not everything can be purchased at Homegoods!). I believe that there is a time and a place to splurge on a well-made piece of furniture, but you can likely save on all the other stuff that makes up a home.
All of my designs will feature a good mix of both. I want to share my findings with you so you can do the same.

This storyboard is perfect for a living, sitting, or guest room.

The swoon-worthy sofa, outfitted in a performance velvet called Shadow will stand the test of time against any trend you pair it with. (West Elm offers 15% off new orders with email sign-up). If the price tag makes you gulp, there is a similar, equally appealing dark gray sofa at Target.
It pairs beautifully with their wood-arm side chair, and I would love to see a lovely hazy print on the wall. (Minted is having a 15% off sale this weekend!)

Since the sofa is rather simple, I chose a few different textured pillows as neutral accents. How fun is this shag pillow paired with the soft gold? The 3D dots are just plain fun. Sitting to the side would be a simple, geometric rose gold table and mid-century lamp.

Coffee tables can be cumbersome to work with, but I love the minimalist design of this glass piece. It's worth every penny to be shipped for free to your front door! It gives the space a more airy feel and bonus that you can see this beautiful rug beneath it!

The statement piece of the room would be this amazing chandelier. I truly believe lighting makes or breaks a space, and is absolutely worth the investment. It won't be going anywhere anytime soon, especially if it's hard wired. (By the way, Overstock typically has a 10% off coupon, but right now I am seeing it at 12%).

Accessories can overwhelm me sometimes. I don't have a lot of them in my home, mostly because I don't want more stuff to dust. But...I will pick and place a few items to give the space a little pop.

Anyways, what I do know from my days in commercial design, is a beautiful stack of books not only LOOKS amazing, but is actually useful. They are good conversation starters when laid conspicuously in front of guests. The ones I chose for this space could be used alone or in the stack I'm proposing. Black and white stripes make me swoon and having a bold print and gold flourish tucked underneath makes a winning combo. I actually have all three of these books stacked in my house and I just LOVE how they look on my acrylic table.

As you have seen on Instagram (@tgendooza), I always make a point to always add some greenery to a space. If you don't make a trip to Home Depot this spring, a faux palm leaf requires zero upkeep (except for some dusting).

Finally, for all my infertility warriors out there, we can always use another pineapple in the house, right? Pineapples are a sign of fertility AND hospitality, so it's a win win!
Stack it on this gold tray and you're all set.

I want to clue you into two deals I found:

1. Sherwin Williams is having a 30% off sale on all paints. Show that coupon on your phone or print it out! If you're looking for good whites, Alabaster or Dover White would be perfect for this space.

2. The Home Section at Target is having a sale through April 1 as well.
PLUS! Use online code FURNITURE for an additional $40 off $150!

I hope you find some inspiration!
Thanks for reading!! XO

4 comments:

  1. OMG.... I am looking for a gray sofa and buying paint tomorrow! That coupon is going to come in so handy!! And I am not above a sofa from Target for my home office. Thanks for sharing. We have the same taste so I can just let you shop for me via these posts lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some pineapples - and that chandelier!!!! What a statement - it's so you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I've been digging champagne and blush shades... and we're in the market for a new couch. Would love to purchase a gray one! So excited for this new venture of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your inspiration! Gorgeous colors and fabulous neutrals. I want to do my office in these shades!

    ReplyDelete