Mar 29, 2017

Designing My Life: Lemons into Lemonade


Happy Hump Day! I am very excited to share a new chapter of my life on this blog.

I have always used this blog as a sort of therapeutic outlet to spill the details of my journey to motherhood.

The blog has always been rather separate from the rest of my life, especially my career.

My career has taken an unusual path, one that started with my desire to create...so I set out to get my Bachelor's in Interior Architecture.
I did the commercial design thing for a while, and it was okay.
But I didn't love it, and over the course of the next ten or so years, I found new, interesting opportunities that eventually led me far, far away from design.

I am now fully encompassed in Human Resources and Finance. Two things I like a lot.
I worked hard, climbed the corporate ladder, and settled into a nice little private office a few towns over, with a company and team I am very happy with.

But something has been missing...and it became very apparent after my miscarriage.

One day this little quote popped up on my phone, and everything just clicked.

"The Bible talks about how God uses difficult situations to develop our character and make us stronger. Out of this darkness, out of this disappointment in my life, that's when God pushed me to another level that I didn't realize existed."

I realized that my life needs an all-encompassing, fulfilling purpose.
Whether or not a child is in my future is irrelevant. I am missing out on opportunities in my life, and on this blog, that could help fill those needs.

My LIFE is BIGGER than infertility. It always has been and it always will be.
There is more to me than the next shot or the next monitoring appointment.

I create beautiful things, and you fine folks love what I do, so why am I not showcases more of it?

I have always found comfort in taking a bit of inspiration and making it my own.
Wouldn't you like more of that?

Showing you more of my life, whether it's home design or a product I love, what I'm using and how I'm using it, ...shouldn't that also be included on this blog?

I get excited when I find something that makes my life better, so I have decided to let you in on that excitement as well.

It just seems fitting.

There is more to my life than my 9-5 job and making a baby.

There is this whole inspirational side that I don't let you into nearly enough.
And that is going to change, my friend.

I have all these wonderful ideas, and I will be putting in the extra effort to pull them out of my head and show them to you.

If it puts a smile on my face, I have no doubt it will do the same for you.

I'm excited to watch this new chapter unfold, and I hope you are too.
At the very least, there will plenty of pretty pictures to get your design juices flowing!


As always, thank you so much for reading and supporting my efforts. XO

3 comments:

  1. I have been reading for a little bit now but don't think I have commented. First I am so sorry for your loss. Miscarriage is so very hard. I love this post and am looking forward to reading what you have coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting . . . looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, I'm really looking forward it. Have loved the odd pic's you've shown over the time I've been following of the stuff you've done in the house.

    ReplyDelete