Jul 29, 2016

What's Up?

I saw a link-up post updating readers about current things, so I thought I would do my own!


What I'm eating this week
Not a drop of regular water, but guzzling all the Coconut and Vitamin water money can buy.
Also, lots of salty foods. I am (shockingly) not a huge fan of a lot of salt, so it's been tough to think about items to make or bring to work that fit the bill. I ended up taking the easy way out and bought a few frozen lunches. Those things always have a ton of salt in them!
This, by the way, is required to reduce the fluid build-up that occurs after an egg retrieval. My doctor said I looked five months pregnant on Monday so let's just say salt is my bff right now.

What I'm reminiscing about
How far we have come in our journey to parenthood. I am still waiting for the results of our third egg retrieval, but the idea that I could be mere months away from actually getting pregnant, after dreaming about it for years, is insane. 

What I'm loving
Having a cocktail again without guilt. IVF has deterred my drinking and I did NOT want to spoil my third egg retrieval with anything that could hinder my results. I didn't have one drop of alcohol for 99% of July, but man, a good margarita sure fits the bill these days!

What we've been up to
Outside of IVF, we have hosted a decent amount of people to the house for small pool gatherings. Our cat is getting his feeding tube out next week, but has been eating through his mouth like a champ! 

What I'm dreading
The inevitable end of summer. I am really hoping we get a nice long Indian summer through September and even into October like last year!

What I'm working on
Trying to keep all my indoor plants and outdoor flowers alive. It's a labor of love. 

What I'm excited about
Getting our third egg retrieval results and the possibility of FINALLY moving forward with PGD testing and ultimately a pregnancy!

What I'm watching/reading
Mark has been forcing us to watch the Star Trek movies. I can hardly focus on TV in general, so it hasn't bothered me too much. When I have down time, I have attempted to read some IVF books. I like being able to connect with someone else's logic about all the crazy stuff going on in my life right now.

What I'm listening to
The cat screeching at 3am (oh yes, he is back to his old self). The dog's whimpering for scraps of dinner. Mark acting a fool to try and get a rise out of me because it's fun.
Also a ton of Country and Class Rock. Always forever, amen.

What I'm doing this weekend
On the boat. Mark is determined to be on that boat for as many weekends as possible. Now that I'm not stimming with an IVF cycle, I can actually join him with jostling around my huge ovaries. Ha!

What I'm looking forward to next month
The possibility of getting our PGD results and finishing half of our 8 week FET prep!

What is your favorite part about summer
Lack of prep with hair and make-up. I tend to have a much more relaxed approach to summer entertaining. As long as my bikini is covering the goods, a shower and make-up can wait. That's what a pool and sunglasses are for, right? 

3 comments:

  1. Cheers to you then! Glad all is well with the kitty too! I'm excited to hear news on the eggs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this post - while your life is "on hold" so to speak until you find out what's going on, glad that you are enjoying a cocktail and the boat :D Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that you are to eat salt to reduce fluid build up when normally that is what causes water retention. Yes. Those frozen entree's should do it. Loaded! I've been left in charge of an outdoor orange tree while my husband is away. I am not hopeful. Hope all goes well with the next IVF step.

    ReplyDelete