Dec 30, 2015

2015 Year in Review


This year has been awesome.
Exciting and fun and sad and trying...but oh so awesome.
Every day, every season, I felt like I grew as a person, as a wife, as a daughter, and as a career-woman.

These are the highlights.
I hope you take a moment out of your (long) weekend and re-read some of these posts....it's what made 2015 so great!

After FOUR. LONG. MONTHS. of shipping a workout tank around the entire United States...me and a dozen other ladies hosted a mutual giveaway for an awesome motivational tank top....we called it Track the Tank.


Mark and I battled with the uncertainties of figuring out how to make a baby.
Turns out....genetics were not on our side.


My job sucked. I won't lie. I needed a change and while most people would think getting laid off is a bad thing...I took it as a blessing to find what I truly loved.


After months of interviews, phone calls, resumes, hoping and praying...I landed my new job, one that I tailored to my needs and hope that I stay at for a loooonnnnggg time.


With the good, comes the bad....my relationship with my brother has always been rocky. He is on a path in life that I truly do hope he overcomes...but dragging me down along the way isn't part of it.
I resolved to let go of the toxic and turn my focus back to my family. It was tough, but ties needed to be broken. I hope he finds his way one of these days.



Memorial Day rolled around and we got to put our new pool heater to the test!
Success!


When we bought our new home, a lot of people thought maybe someone had gifted us money, like we couldn't do it on our own. There was jealousy and snide remarks. And to that I say...we worked for it.


At first, we thought we would put baby on the backburner for years....and I laugh at that thought now.
I was getting soo antsy...especially since I have been collecting a few items here and there.


4th of July happened and our party was FABULOUS!


My mom and I took a trip to Tennessee, we sold the pontoon boat and kept the summer vibes going.


I turned 32....and had a bit of an emotional roller coaster with a happy ending.


I kicked some fitness ass the entire year....even during summer!


I gave my living room a little face lift with paint, drapery and new furniture, and then got in the Halloween spirit!


Mark and I had a rough patch around October...too much to do and not enough appreciation for each other.
That all changed when we ventured to our favorite haunted house.


Thanksgiving flew by, we settled into a more wintery routine, had our annual Friendsgiving Shrimp Boil and decorated our home for Christmas.


Which brings us full circle to where we were one year ago.
I reflected on what this year has brought us...and how far we've come.
A lot can change in a year, and I love revisiting our life through this blog.

For New Year's Eve, Mark and will be cozied up by the fire, with fondue for dinner and a festive glass of champagne in hand, watching Kathy Griffin and dancing to Ludacris.
It's a night we look forward to all year.
Just the two of us.

I'll be signing off for the long holiday weekend again, and when I return, on January 6th, I hope to share all the little details of our IVF consultation.

It'll be a new year.
A new year for memories.
A new year for adventures.
A new year for trial and error.
A new year to learn something or simply learn from a mistake (or ten).

I do not make resolutions...to me, it's like making a plan that is set in stone.
Plans change.
People change.
They grow and develop and blossom.
Relationships grow stronger, and some falter.
I hope to take on all of 2016 with an open mind and the drive to dig in and get things accomplished, both big and small.
But first we have to survive the gross part of winter.
Who's with me?

Happy New Year, my loves!!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fabulous New Years my friend! I loved this post (and your house:). Good for you guys! You work hard and enjoy your life. What more can we ask for right? I wish you nothing but the best in 2016!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recap!!! Looks like a great year and I just love your house, I so want a pool!! Cheers to a great 2016!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Here's hoping for a fabulous 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not much for resolutions either! I just want to be a better me and be happy.

    ReplyDelete