Dec 12, 2014

Currently

...pulling together a Christmas cake idea between this photo inspiration...


and this recipe for a Southern Coconut Cake.


...feeling not so festive (and of course my mind immediately jumped to some weird Rephresh commercial). I can't snap into the idea that it is Christmas-time. Is it the lack of snow?
I talked my mom into shopping with me AT THE MALL (gasp!) just so I could see the pretty decorations.

...proud of my photo decoration idea for one of our trees. I had a total tear-fest after finding an old picture of Crash and decided I wanted to showcase some oldie-but-goodies.




...feeling a mix of hope and sadness and anxiety. My life isn't going how I thought in some aspects and I'm having a hard time shaking the sads and focusing on the good.  Lots of puppy hugs are in order.


...hoping this day goes by as fast as possible so we can get to the freakin' weekend already.

...watching Season Four of Breaking Bad. I know, we are sooooo late to the game. I just love this show!!


...featured on Helene's blog today. Go check out my interview!

What are you currently doing? Help me get in a more festive mood!!

9 comments:

  1. love the pic of the bulldog of course. I tried those snowflakes once...its didn't work out so well so I ended up doing these: http://travelmiamor.blogspot.com/2012/12/happy-holidays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is gorgeous! And OMGizzle that cupcake looks amazeballs. I'm sure your cake will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree such an awesome idea. I can't wait to see your cake masterpiece.... you will have to let me know how it tastes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of photos on your tree! I am still tossing and turning over the idea of decorating this year - I may have about 400+ snowmen - maybe I'll pull a few out, who knows?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of the photos on the tree. The cupcake inspo looks really good, should be interesting in a cake form, and I love coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great interview Tia!!! and love love love the photos on the tree. what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you're feeling sad, especially at this time of year. And I'm with you, I can't find that Christmas feeling. I had it back in November but since Tgiving it's been gone. Bummer. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo tree looks so cool. What an awesome idea!

    Don't feel bad about joining the Breaking Bad party late. My boyfriend JUST started watching it. I'm going through it with him and we're only halfway through season 1. Better late than never, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you will feel better soon! I think it helps to 'glitz' out the home to feel like Christmas.. I have lights up everywhere to remind me that 'tis the season'. I'm not in good terms with my sisters so every bit counts to help bring positivity and holiday spirit! Hope you get in better spirits and take it easy Tia!! Take Care -Iva

    ReplyDelete