Sep 11, 2014

One Year

September 13th marks the one year anniversary of moving into our fabulous big boy house.
One year of (slowly) making this house our home.
One year of what we could consider luxuries as compared to our prior home.
And what I mean by luxuries are: new, working windows that open and can be cleaned, lower utility bills because of new working windows, nicely insulated walls, no flood threats, space for our dogs to roam and explore without fear of attack.





This home is like our permanent stay-cation. The summer has been good to us. Really good.
What can be better than walking steps outside your kitchen and jumping into a private pool?
Nothing. That's what.

Yes, a bigger home comes with more responsibility.
More cleaning, more prep, more time to do almost everything.
And we have had a few snags along the way. The dryer crapped out all summer, and then the washer right behind it. And I thank my lucky stars that I have a husband capable of fixing both for under $50 as opposed to dropping $1,100 on new equipment.

Have we renovated every square inch? No, far from it.
I am taking my time, and as funds allow, to make sure that every room is designed to fit our lifestyle and is timeless. I want good, solid design that I won't get bored with.

The laundry list of to-do's is still large. And some of our largest renovations are still to come (I can't WAIT to have a new kitchen!). All we need is money. Ha. Isn't that the cure to all life's problems?

You can read about our home-buying journey here and the backstory here.

Year one in the books. Year two will hopefully bring a lot more joy and memories!

~*~


Please say Hello to Alexa from Travel Mi Amor. Alexa blogs about her travels in the states and overseas. Her favorite being Hawaii.

When she isn't exploring the world, she is spending time with her two absolutely adorable bulldogs.

I like reading her blog because, as someone who doesn't get the opportunity to travel much, I envy seeing another lifestyle that is just so different from mine.
Plus, she has all the best tips and tricks and an "insider look" into different spots on the globe. Just like a good review on Amazon, I live for people's suggestions from where they have been. It's always good to know where the tourist traps are, where the best hidden spots are, and what to watch out for.

You should follow her on Instagram and Facebook as well!

That wraps up this week. We are headed to a backwoods wedding this weekend. What are your plans?

Thank you for reading! Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Happy House-aversary!!!! Enjoy making memories, and enjoy taking the time to make it yours! No rush on fixing all the things! <3 Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! happy home anniversary! love the you wrote a post on it, I need to look back at our closing to see what our anniversary is, I don't even know but I know it's coming up pretty soon :)

    So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super jealous of your pool, have been all summer! :) Home improvements are fun (and pricey!). I have a long list for our house still too, and we've been here 3 years. Each year it's one or 2 more things. Before it gets super cold we need to paint the living room. Just have to agree on a color first!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first year in your new home! :) You're definitely right that nothing beats your own private pool :) I'm just not ready for the extra responsibilities, I enjoy being able to place a request to have xyz fixed ;) Have a great one Tia! -Iva

    ReplyDelete