Sep 26, 2013

This is a Story.....Part 4

Still lost?

Make sure you catch up with Parts 1, then 2, then 3....and let's wrap this shit up already!

I am teetering on the brink of quitting my job.
Going against everything I was told was right.
Giving up.
Letting go.


All of my leads for different jobs turned up empty, until, in a last ditch effort to find something that work.
I half-heartedly applied to a job as an Executive Assistant to a Software company.
I know.
Software?  After being an Interior Designer?
How in the world was I going to make that work?

I actually didn't think too much about it after I realized they were, at the time, right up the street for my prior place of work. I marched my resume and my pearly whites through that damn door.
And the rest was history.

Within a week of interviewing I was offered, and promptly accepted, the job that I am still at today.
These nerds I were nervous about "fitting in" with?
Um HELLO!! I was a band geek for cripes sakes.  These people were right up my alley.

And they are SMART!! So, so incredibly smart. The kind of smart that you can do nothing but respect.
No issues with labels or designers or anything. Just down to earth, nice people.

I could get used to this.
The hours?!?! SOOOO much better than ever before!
Plus, I get to be myself, my smart ass self, and work hard and get paid appropriately.
People are GD respectful damnit!

Fast forward to two and a half years later, and I am still at that software company that I took a blind leap towards. Couldn't be happier.

Finally content and less stressed than ever before, without fear of constantly being let go, we reopened the conversation about moving.

Bayou has settled into a better routine at work as well.  His company has held steady this entire time and he has been lucky to not have to jump from company to company to make it work.

Bayou always wants to purchase something new after we have paid off the last thing. He will die with a fleet of cars and boats in some old barn that will be worth (hopefully) a decent chunk of change.
He was on a new rampage about looking into some speed boat that I was just not interest in, so rationally, I piped up to tell him we weren't purchasing anymore "toys" until we moved.

It's funny, because the original intention of these posts was to vent about the fact that I may or may not have certain members of my family bitching to me about the fact that all I want to do is purchase "frivolous stuff" and then gloat about it. 

I suppose to an extent part of that phrase is true.  Sometimes, I, like a lot of people in this world, feel a certain level of satisfaction at being able to acquire "frivolous stuff."  But, I think the issue is.....what may be considered frivolous to one person, is treasured to another.

I couldn't get behind owning label on clothing that would jack the price up 10x what I really think that shirt or those pants are worth....but yet there are people out there that want nothing more in life than to own that label.  Do I think it's stupid? Sure.  Does that make me right and them wrong? Hell to the no.
It means we want, we need, we desire, different things.

I have always wanted a house I could make a home.  With our last house, I felt as though I was drowning under a list of never ending repairs and never truly felt like it was a place to make my forever home. It just wasn't. It wasn't for us.  It was unsettling.

And I am proud now. I am ecstatic about this new place. Maybe right now, as it is so new, I am gloating a bit. We have worked so very hard to get here and I am so proud of that.  It is everything that we ever wanted in a house.....everything that we talked about back in the wintery hot tub days.

It's a place I see my parents coming over, and relaxing by the pool.
It's a place I see my dogs running, really running, as far and as fast as their fat body legs can take them.
It's a place I see building a nursery and spending all nighters staring at my perfect, chubby baby.
It's a safe haven, a shorter commute, a stay-cation, an upgrade.

Our dream home.



So if that makes me a bad person. Then fine. I won't apologize for it. 
It might not be saving the world, but it is ensuring safety and prosperity with the people and animals I call my family, and that it extremely important to me.

Turning 30 this year has also made me realize that it's time to stop worrying about the opinions of others.
Don't be a dick...but don't take shit either. Because really....who the F cares anyways?

And on that note, this concludes the 4 part series.

More sass in the future.
TBag. Out.