Jun 19, 2013

Liebster Award....finally!

A billionty years ago, Gilded was nominated for a lil ole award called The Liebster.
And since I was supposed to do a bunch of things to "pay it forward" I basically forgot about dismissed it for weeks....
Until now.





The goal is to give fellow bloggers with smaller followings (think under 200) a little credit for all their hardwork.

I must admit...I actually had to hunt around for some of these because apparently I don't follow enough blogs and the ones I do are already supah popular!!
And I will admit....I cheated and plugged some of my favorite blogs as well because damnit, why not?!


Here's how the Liebster Award works:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you (Thanks, Kristin!!)
Tell 11 facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created
List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition
( I cheated on this one because some have just OVER 200 but they still deserve it!)
Post 11 questions for them to answer
Notify them that they've been nominated
You can't nominate the blog that nominated you
See why I slacked for so long?
FACTS ABOUT MOI:

1.  I started this blog when getting pregnant started to become a chore that is requiring homework and extra credit.  And my husband doesn't want to hear about pee sticks and cervical mucous.
2. I was a band geek (Color Guard) in High School....and college, and then taught band geekery as well.
3. I graduated with a BA in Interior of Architecture. I am using that degree now as an Executive Assistant and Benefits Admin for a software company.  You see the connection right?
4. My two bulldogs have more than prepared me for children.  My standards hit an all time low after witnessing the oldest one spin in circles and projectile shit ON THE FUCKING WALLS.
And then cleaned up that mess while my husband gagged in the other room.
5. I once mis-read the package label of a sack (giggety) of potatoes as " Net Wt .5 Lbs" instead of what was really written "Net Wt. 5 lbs" (the period threw me off)....I kept lifting the sacks up and down saying....I guess that feels like half a pound.  Maybe I'm really a blonde.
6. One time I was at a nightclub wearing a pair of pants that were painted on me. I bent over and they ripped the entire length of my leg, but since it took forever to get into to said nightclub, I "borrowed" the boxers of my BF's husband and shoved them into my ripped pants.  There was an enormous flap of fabric hanging out my backside the rest of the night and I just kept dancing like it didn't happen. Hot.
7. My profile Pic photo is from a boudoir shoot I did for my wedding photographer Kristin La Voie
PS- If you live in the Northwest Suburbs and want some seriously awesome photos....book her and don't think twice about it. She rocks the house.
8. I dig men that look a little older and weathered, or haggard, as my friends say.
Mr. Downey Jr. anyone?

9. I cannot sit still long enough to watch an entire move. Ever. Unless it's Labrinth or Mean Girls.


10. I have had to say "No" to my husband for the following items, in a never-ending list of
"I never thought I would have to say no to that":
- Grilling in the basement
- Flying a confederate flag....and
- Placing gargoyles on the roof of my house.
11. The last time I egged a house was 2 summers ago.  I'm pushing 30.

Kristin's Questions for ME!
1. What tv shows are you watching now?
I can hardly watch an entire TV show, but somehow Bayou gets me to sit through Falling Skies
 
2. All you have is vodka. What are you mixing it with?
I'm hoping it's Chase Elderflower Liqueur (yes, it's vodka)...and then all I need is a splash of Tonic or Champaggin
 
 
3. Tell me about your dream vacation. Who's going?
I have always wanted to go to Bora Bora.  It would be nice to spend more than a week there, or hell, anywhere, and not come home broke.  Bayou and our dogs could come if they aren't a complete pain in my ass.
 
4. Read the book first? Or watch the movie first?
I have NEVER read a book that was a movie. Ever.
 
5. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far in life?
Not smashing in the windshield of another driver due to pure road rage
 
6. What CD would I most likely find in your player in high school?
Michael Jackson
 
7. Never have you ever......
read a book that became a movie
 
8. What was your most embarrassing moment?
I rarely get embarrassed....I actually can't remember the last time I felt complete and utter embarrassment.
 
9. If you could choose any super power what would it be?
To fly....then I would have less road rage
 
10. You only get one more meal...what is it?
Mac and cheese, tiramisu, a bottle of wine, cheese, ritz crackers and hummus
 
11. Beer or wine?
Beer on a boat. Wine all the time.
 

SO WHO GETS THIS TASK?

I am nominating the following blogs. Go check 'em out!

Meredith @ The Girl Next Door Drinks and Swears 
Ashley @ Track Suit Friday
Alicia @ Brew Mama
Miss Boozehound @ I Like Beer and Babies

There were more blogs originally, but by the time I actually got around to doing this, I realized they had already been nominated so didn't want to double up!!

And here are my questions for you!!
1. What is your favorite decade of music?
2. What is your favorite spot to enjoy a libation?
3. Any hidden talents? The weirder the better
4. The most awkward date had to be.....
5. What is your go-to dance move at weddings?
6. Have you ever been arrested?
7. Favorite guilty pleasure
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What famous person would you prefer to drink with?
10.What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
11. What is your stand-by favorite summer weekend outfit?

 
 HOLY. CRAP. 
This took forever.  
But it's ovah with and I hope you find some other great blogs out there!
Good luck!!

TBag. Out.